Sunday, April 25, 2010

Getting down but not dirty

You know what got me down today?

I was tired of waiting. For what? Well, everything. I was tired of waiting for school to be out, tired of waiting for God to send the perfect someone to complete my earthly life, tired of waiting for Jesus to come back...tired of being awake to the fact that I was tired of the other things. How depressing!

Then a dear friend pointed out that perhaps this was God testing me and trying help me see that He is all I need to be happy. I got to thinking. When I become happy in Him, it is then that I can afford to have things on this earth that would increase my happiness. However, without happiness in God, it only becomes a selfish happiness. This kind of happiness will die with whatever it is attached to. However, if I have true happiness in God, then if anything in this world will bring happiness, it will only increase my happiness in God instead of being selfish and of this world. Just thinking about it made me happy.

Then a verse came to mind. Hebrews 11:1 is one of my favorite verses and is underlined in my Bible. It reads,

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

The only thing I really hope for is a greater love for God. God is love and if I hope for love of God, then I must conclude that I have faith in God. If I have faith in God, he will provide everything I need and not what I want. Sure I want to be happy in this life, but only true happiness comes from the Father. Anything else is selfish and must be put aside.

Yeah, my day got better.

No comments:

Post a Comment