Monday, April 19, 2010

Wait a second, I got that on wrong.

Ever been sitting down or taking a walk, or anything else you do on a regular basis and suddenly realized that you had it wrong? I'm not talking about trivial things such as what kind of car to buy or any other material things. No, I'm talking about life-changing decisions, a caliber so huge that one misstep could send your whole life in a downward, one-way spiral.

Well, I won't go into much details, but I was there recently.

Sometimes, people can say mean and hurtful things and others can just be generally annoying. A combination of the two in one person is a recipe for disaster. Add in that a person who has anger management problems and you get one person who does just what they please, and me sitting in the corner fuming.

And the process continues. Irritation turns into anger, which turns into words, which turns into full blown hatred. Hatred for a person who never did anything but be themselves and try to live life. Just like I'm trying to do. But as a Christian, I'm not called to hate. I'm called to love, as a dear friend was good enough to point out. So, now I'm trying to undo everything I've done to myself by hating this person.

I can't do it alone. Please pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment